These websites and links can be utilized as resources for doing your own research.
- https://evidencebasedbirth.com/ is an excellent source for up to date evidence based information. Be sure to follow them on Social Media to keep up with the latest headlines.
- http://www.improvingbirth.org/ This page has a evidence based care information for expecting moms, has a toolkit for those suffering from past trauma and information for those choosing a VBAC. They also have a yearly rally that you can get involved in.
- http://www.ican-online.org/ Interested in having a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)? This is a great starting point.
- http://www.who.int/en/ The World Health Organization (WHO) has tons of info. Just search keywords Pregnancy, Birth, Midwife, etc… to get their recommendations.
- http://kellymom.com/ The only source you will ever need for breastfeeding questions.
These books are wonderful, informative resources filled with evidence based information.
- The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions By Penny Simkin
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth By Ina May Gaskin
- Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn By Penny Simkin
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Birth Matters by Ina May Gaskin
- Husband Coached Childbirth by Robert A Bradley
- Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds by Cynthia Gabriel
- The Birth Book by Dr. William Sears, MD
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by Diane Wiessinger
- Breastfeeding Made Simple by Nancy Mohrbacher
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
These are an ideal resource because you can watch them with your partner. I recommend viewing these together.
- The Business of Being Born
- More Business of Being Born
- Natural Born Babies