Welcome to My Sunshine Birth Services
As a trained and professional birth doula, I provide continuous physical & emotional support for your whole family during the entire birth process. I will be your friend and ally, fully supporting your individual birth plan (that I am happy to help you construct). My ultimate goal is to ensure you have a personalized and positive birth experience.
As a Lamaze® Certified Childbirth Educator, I will help you prepare for your birth through prenatal education. As an experienced Doula, I support mothers of all ages through home birth, unmedicated or medicated birth, hospital birth, cesareans, postpartum care, breastfeeding and more. Father centered care ensures dads feel supported just as much as moms, as I guide them to be the best support person possible.
I am proud to provide a variety of caring and professional services for all birthing environments (I’m not just a home birth doula) and can also refer you to my friendly network of professional providers.
A Birth Doula is a professional, trained labor support person. We do not provide clinical care (i.e. cervical checks, medical exams or catch babies), but we do provide continuous physical and emotional support. Doulas serve mom, dad and siblings starting in late pregnancy and into postpartum. Think of a Doula as your personal guide through this incredible journey.
$2600 ($650 due at contract signing, remainder due by 37 weeks)
Includes everything in "Doula Only" plus also includes:
- Any 6 or 8 week group or privateLamaze® Class (childbirth education).
- Mary’s Pregnancy Workshops and access to Mary’s lending library of books and DVDs.
- A Rebozo (fabric support garment) that Mary will teach you to use during pregnancy for belly support and during labor for comfort.
- Placenta encapsulation, prints, tinctures and keepsakes.
- A BengKung Belly Bind and (1) lesson in wrapping your belly at your postpartum assessment visit.
- Up to (3) in-home visits with a network Certified Lactation Counselor.
$1650 (deposit of $550 due at contract signing, remainder due by 37 weeks)
- (2) prenatal in-home visits.
- Mary will be on call 24/7 from week 37 to birth.
- Continuous labor support at home, hospital of birth center.
- Back Up Doulas.
- (1) postpartum assessment visit.
- (1) in-home visit from a network Certified Lactation Counselor.
In-Home Education & Planning
6 hours of private, in-home childbirth education and planning. This is great for when you need personalized support, but prefer the privacy and comfort of home. Hours can be broken down to (3) two hour or (2) three hour classes. This option is great for the busy professionals who can't fit a group class into their schedule or for the experienced family that wants to include siblings in their education or just need a refresher course.
Lamaze® Childbirth Education Classes
$350 (includes 8 weeks of classes)
Group childbirth education classes are an 8 week out-of-the-box, unbiased and fun experience for any family. Local classes are a great way to connect with other couples going through the same experiences as you. Class size is kept limited to ensure individual focus. Learn More >
The only Lamaze® Certified childbirth class in Southern Kentucky!
$300 per encapsulation
- Includes capsules and umbilical keepsake.
- Add a tincture and print for $50.
Inquire for pricing
Postpartum services to help with overnights, light house keeping, newborn care, providing meals, etc.
Inquire for speaker fees
The backbone of My Sunshine Birth Services is advocacy. By investing in Mary's services, you are funding and supporting her work lobbying for evidence based care and increased birth options. The goal is to improve maternity care options for all Kentuckians, especially Kentucky's rural farm families. Mary is available (a fee may be required) to speak at events about her advocacy work and to inspire others to find their inner advocate. If you are interested in advocacy, with the opportunity to work alongside Mary, now is the time to request more information.